A 482 visa, also known as a work visa can be applied only if a sponsor from Australia nominates you. For your sponsor to nominate you, he needs to provide proof of having a genuine need for you to work overseas.
The following blog will enlist the fundamentals you must know about the temporary skill shortage TSS visa in Melbourne.
Visa 482 Streams
Before applying for visa 482, you must know about different streams to select the one, which is more suitable for you:
- Short-term Stream. With a short-term stream visa, the applicant can work in Australia for a maximum of 2 years.
- Medium-term Stream. With the medium-term stream visa, the applicant is allowed to stay and work in Australia for a maximum period of 4 years. You can also apply for permanent residence, if qualified.
- Labour Agreement Stream. The applicant can apply for the labour agreement stream visa if their sponsor is involved in the labour agreements.
482 Visa Checklist
You need to gather various documents to apply for your 482-visa application:
Passport and ID
You must hold a valid passport of your country while applying for a visa 482, and provide relevant identification documents to the Department of Home Affairs such as ID card, marriage certificate, and so on.
Experience and Qualifications
You need to offer documents validating your experience, skills and qualifications. Here, you can provide proof of licensing or registration, relevant certificates and awards, references from previous employers, your resume, etc.
Skills Assessment Documents
You might need to submit a skill assessment report based on your visa stream. You can ensure whether this is important to attach with the visa or not from the immigration department beforehand and act accordingly.
Proof of English Proficiency
This is a mandatory requirement of providing them with evidence of your English language proficiency.
The next most important thing is your health insurance; therefore, you must have one depending on your medical needs before your arrival in Australia.
Evidence of your Good Character
Australia’s one of the essential requirement is to provide health and character certificates. Therefore, provide one to prove you are of good character.
Documents for your Partner
If you are applying for a 482 visa with your partner, you have to provide their identification documents as well, including your marriage license or marriage certificate.
Documents for your Minor Children
If you are applying for a 482 visa with your minor children, you have to submit their documents such as birth certificates, copies of their passports and so on.
Documents for your Adult Dependent Child
If you are applying for a 482 visa with your adult dependent child, you have to submit their documents such as birth certificate, copies of their passport, identification documents, character documents, form 47, and any other evidence of dependency, if any.
In case you are taking assistance from outside, you need to provide form 956 or form 956a along with your visa application.
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa – English Requirements
To apply for a temporary skill shortage visa, you need to provide proof of English language proficiency with the required score. The score for English language proficiency may vary as per the stream you choose for visa application.
For your 482 visa, you must provide evidence that you meet at least the minimum requirements of English language proficiency, the required scores change according to the visa stream you are applying for.
Eligibility Criteria for a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS or 482 Visa)
To apply for a TSS visa you must meet the eligibility criteria which is
- To apply for this you must be sponsored by an employer for the job.
- You must be employed in your nominated occupation.
- You must have experience of at least two years in your nominated occupation. It means on the date you apply for a TSS visa you have to show the experience of two years.
- If you are in Australia and applying for a TSS visa, you must have a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, a BVB or a BVC.
The process to Apply for a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
You can apply for a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa by following this instructions:
- First, the sponsor applies for the sponsorship.
- If the sponsor gets approved, nominate you for the TSS visa and pay for the levy fund.
- Now, you can apply for a TSS visa.
Hope you understand about the temporary skill shortage visa. This information gives a clear picture of the TSS visa so that you can have an idea about this. If you meet the criteria to apply for a TSS visa, it is recommended to apply for a visa with the guidance of a MARA agent in Melbourne if you are in Melbourne or any of the nearest migration agents.