OST is a file extension used by Outlook to store its mailbox data offline. OST is an offline folder that gives you access to email when you are not connected to the internet. If you are looking for a way to copy Outlook OST files to another computer, then this post will be helpful for you. There is no need to tell how important an OST file is. There are two main approaches to moving an OST file to another PC: one is manual and the other is a native solution using an OST converter.
If you are the owner of the exchange profile, you can configure your Outlook account on the new system and export the mailbox data from the Exchange server. However, if you want to copy an OST file to another user, you can convert the OST file and then transfer it to the new computer. The other user can import the PST file to their mailbox.
Reason To Copy the Outlook OST File To Another Computer
- You got or bought a new system and you want to move your Outlook data from your current system to this new computer running Microsoft Outlook.
- You want to move Outlook data from Windows to Outlook for Mac.
- Create an Outlook data backup as there is no option to create automatic backups in Outlook.
How To Move The Outlook OST File To Another Computer Using Manual Approach?
If you have an active Outlook profile and mailbox activated as well. You can then configure an Outlook account and then the Outlook export features. Let’s see the working process of this manual approach.
- Open Outlook and navigate to the file menu.
- Then, press open and export then again click on Import/Export option.
- Import and Export wizard will pop up on your display, choose Export to a file.
- After hitting the next button, choose Outlook data file then again tap on the next option.
- Here, select the mailbox folder you want to move.
- At last, choose the required output path then tap the finish button.
Why Do Professionals Not Rely On Manual Approaches?
- The Outlook email client must be mandatory to be installed on your system.
- Orphan, damaged, and corrupted files can’t convert and move.
- Time taking and very complicated tasks.
How To Copy Outlook OST File To Another Computer Using Professional Approach?
If you don’t have an Outlook profile, it’s active and you want to be dumped immediately. Then you can go for Convert OST to PST is a fantastic choice to get results that stay like the original. The best thing about this software is that you can complete the whole process with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Download OST Converter on your Windows machine then launch it.
- Browse and Insert the OST file into the software panel.
- Select PST in the multiple options of export type.
- Last, browse the required Output destination then tap convert to get output instantly.
Other Necessary Benefits Of Using a Professional Approach
- It preserves data integrity during the conversion process. Also, the PST file converter offers a full guarantee that the original data will remain unchanged.
- This software also provides an option to recover and convert orphaned, corrupted, and damaged OST files.
- It also offers a filter option to convert selective data or is also helpful to avoid unnecessary data.
- It is easy to do for all types of computer users.
- No additional applications need to be installed for this approach.
Time To Say Goodbye
Using the same account on multiple computers requires a user to transfer the data files. Ideally, when setting up an Outlook account, an OST file contains all of your email, contacts, calendar, and tasks. If you want to copy the OST file to a new computer manually, you need to follow some restrictions and you need high technical sound to complete this task. Therefore, to make the procedure more workable, users can proceed with an automated solution to move OST to the new drive without error.