In Abstract: Merge Two Outlook PST Files (Personal Storage Table) files is doable and can be extremely advantageous for better organizing your emails, contacts, calendars, and other data. Here’s a detailed guide on how to merge two PST files.
So, let us start with the reasons why do user wants to combine PST files.
Merge Two Outlook PST Files – Main Motives
There are lots of reasons why user plans to add multiple PST file into One. Here, we are going to explain some causes in below:
- Combining several PST files helps to centralize and organize Outlook data, preventing information from being distributed across multiple files.
- Consolidating data into a single PST file makes it easier to retrieve emails, contacts, calendars, and other Outlook things, increasing efficiency.
- Merging PST files allows for improved backup management, ensuring comprehensive data protection and easier recovery if needed.
- Handling a single PST file eliminates the complexity of managing several files, reducing potential errors and boosting overall system efficiency.
- Having fewer PST files can improve Outlook’s performance by reducing the application’s load and perhaps enhancing speed.
- Having consolidated PST files streamlines the process of updating systems or migrating data.
- Merging PST files allows for improved organization and categorization of emails, contacts, and other data, resulting in a more structured Outlook environment.
After knowing all the reasons. Now, let us move further down to learn about the Microsoft Outlook data files.
Outlook PST Files Explained
Before merging PST files, it’s critical to understand the different types of PST files:
- Outlook Data File (PST): Stores emails, contacts, calendar items, tasks, and other Outlook data. The size of each PST file is limited (formerly 20GB or 50GB depending on the Outlook version).
- PST Archive: Outlook allows you to archive older things to keep your mailbox size manageable. These archived items are kept in their own PST file.
After knowing all the important things from the above section, let us move below and know the solutions to Merge Two Outlook PST Files.
As from the beginning, there are two types of methods for merging data, first is the manual method and the second is an automated method. So, to complete this task, let us move further and learn the automated method.
Bulk Merge PST File – Manual Method
The manual method is free, however, it is quite time-consuming. There is also no guarantee that the outcome will be safe and secure. As a result, it is preferable to use the alternate approach to do this work easily and swiftly while avoiding data loss difficulties.
Step 1: Export PST File: Launch Microsoft Outlook. Then, click on Files >> Open & Export >> Import & Export >> Export to a File >> Outlook Data File (.pst) >> Locate the location and finally, hit on the Finish button.
Steps 2: Import PST File: Open Outlook. Then, click on Files >> Open & Export >> Import & Export >> Import From Another Program or File. Then, choose Outlook Data File >> Browse the location. Finally, click on the Finish button to Merge Two Outlook PST Files.
Now, if you don’t want to be limited by the free solution. Then you can use the sensible solution listed below.
Merge Two Outlook PST Files – Professional Way
The Free PST Merge Tool is an outstanding and effective software for combining an unlimited number of PST data files. The combing procedure completed in a matter of seconds using this application. Because of its basic and easy-to-use design, this application is accessible to both technical and non-technical users.
How to Add a PST File to a Single PST in Steps
The following are the procedures to combine Outlook PST files into one;
Step 1: Launch the software and browse for PST files.
Step 2: After that, select either Merge or Join.
Step 3: Select one of the following options: Merge with an Existing PST, New PST, or Outlook Profile.
Step 4: Then, select the appropriate choices for managing Outlook data files to merge numerous PST files into one to Merge Two Outlook PST Files.
Step 5: Finally, click the Next button.
Why Should You Use This Automatic Tool?
- Capable of combining PST files with emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and so on into a new PST, existing PST, or Outlook profile.
- Allows you to manage several calendars in Outlook by consolidating them into one. Removes duplicate Outlook emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and journals.
- While combining multiple Outlook PST files, the data integrity preserved.
- Supports all Microsoft Outlook editions, including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and others.
- Works with all Windows versions, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7.
Time to Wind-up
Merge two Outlook PST files can simplify data administration by allowing you to view all of your emails, contacts, and other stuff in one area. Whether done manually in Outlook or using third-party tools, merging PST files can improve organizational efficiency inside the Outlook environment.