If you are a business owner and want to build a unique business brand then you should hire the best WordPress developer for your website.
There are lots of WordPress development companies in the market and all WordPress development agencies are not experts. Furthermore, there are some techniques that you can use to find the best WordPress CMS Development Services from the horde.
In this blog, I am going to share the best pro steps of hiring a WordPress Developer like an expert. So, let’s get started.
How to Hire a WordPress Developer to Build Your Website
Hiring a developer can be a smart move but it’s also a risky task. You want to end up with the right person and you don’t want to pay more than you have to. Let’s go over what you’ll need to do to maximize your chances of ending up with a stellar end product.
Step 1: Consider Your Needs
If you have a clear idea of your needs before you hire a WordPress developer. Then the more specific information you can give them, the better the end result is likely to be.
You don’t need to start planning your site’s layout, but you will want to decide on its purpose and content in a more general sense. For example, it is important to consider:
- What will be the goal of your site – share information, build community, sell, etc.
- Any specific features and functionality that your website will require, such as order or booking forms, calendars, media integration, e-commerce capabilities and more.
- The types of pages you want it to contain and the volume.
Once you have chosen a developer, this is the first piece of information you will want to tell them. This way, you will know that you both are on the same page about the direction your website should take.
Step 2: Be Aware of the Costs Involved in WordPress Development
As we mentioned before, creating your own website can be an expensive undertaking. Of course, a website built with WordPress will not cost as much as some other platforms. Still, you’ll want to know what expenses you can expect.
How much you end up paying will largely depend on:
- Scope of the project – How many pages do you need? Many WordPress developers charge by the hour, so the larger your site, the higher the potential cost.
- The complexity of your requirements – Custom made functionality and features require a higher price. Modest needs like a basic WordPress blog, company brochure website, or small store should cost less.
- The experience level of your chosen developer – You will find a wide variety of developers who charge from $5 to $100 per hour. The middle of the scale is often where you’ll find the most competent and reliable employees.
Ultimately, a custom WordPress site can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to $5,000 (or more). However, the three guidelines above should give you an idea of where your own project falls on the scale.
Step 3: Know What to Look for in a Potential Hire
If you’re planning to hire a WordPress developer, you need to know how to evaluate candidates. This can be a tricky proposition, especially if you have little technical knowledge of your own. However, you can still make an informed decision.
To do so, you have to consider the following factors:
- Do they have a portfolio of previous work? The best thing you can do when screening a potential employee is to look at past websites they have created. If you can, visit the site and spend some time testing it to see if it’s easy to find information, if key features work properly, etc.
- Find testimonials and reviews. If possible, see if you can get in touch with someone else the developer has worked for and ask what their experience has been.
- Does the developer have experience specifically with WordPress? A more general developer probably won’t get as much out of the platform and may be less familiar with key languages and skills.
- What tools do they use? Some developers will create a custom WordPress theme for you, while others will use page builder plugins like Elementor. There’s really no right or wrong here, but you’ll want to know exactly what’s going to be the foundation of your site because it will affect how you make changes in the future.
- Last but not the least, know their communication skill. It’s smart to reach out to WordPress Developer before making a decision. In this way, you can know their communication skill and ability to understand your project and what they will be able to provide you.
Above mentioned all the points will tell you several things like how quickly the developer responds, how well they communicate, and how clearly, they understand your needs. Additionally, it can give you an idea of how easy they will be to work with the importance of which cannot be overstated.
Step 4: Start Looking for Candidates
You are now ready to hire a WordPress developer! Finally, it is time to start searching for candidates. Taking your time is important during this process. Check out multiple sites, create a list of options, and compare them based on the previous steps. When you have narrowed your choices to a few, you can approach each one and make your final decision based on the results.
There are many options when it comes to where you can find potential employees. You can find them on general freelance sites as well as WordPress-specific recruiting platforms.
For more advice on where to get started, you can check out our list of the best places to hire WordPress freelancers. You can also consider hiring a developer locally by attending local events and contacting nearby institutions.
Top 5 Places to Look for Hiring the Best WordPress Developers
Pixlogix Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Pixlogix Infotech Pvt. Ltd. was founded in 2007. It is the best solution for any WordPress website. This is the place where you can meet industry experts who provide top notch WordPress CMS Development Services for e-commerce stores and enterprise companies. They specialize in customized themes and plugins development that enhance your website functionality and features.
It provides you a full managed team that reduces your work for managing your website making process. Additionally, they also provide masterly guidance so their clients can pick the best option for their business. With the 99% of client satisfaction ratio, you can believe that this is the best WordPress Development Agency for your business website.
Smashing Magazine Job
Smashing Magazine is known as one of the most popular and high-quality web development publications on the Internet. Apart from this, Smashing Magazine also runs the Smashing Jobs portal for web designers and developers. Here you can list your job offer and get the mails from the developers. These listings are charged $225 for full time job offers and $75 for freelance gigs, which helps keep the overall quality high.
At this platform your tasks will stay active for 60 days, and if you’re a non-profit they also have discounts. Their main page has over 4 million monthly users, so you can ensure that your desktop is seen by a large audience.
Toptal advertises that it has the “top 3% of freelance talent” for jobs. Its preliminary testing program is aimed at proving this claim. Apart from WordPress development, they also cover all aspects of development. The cost to hire someone is a $500 deposit that can be applied to your first account when you find a suitable WordPress developer.
Stack Overflow Careers
Stack Overflow, an amazing platform for developers around the world, is the first place we encounter many technical questions on a daily basis. It’s only natural that they offer a solution to connect employers with developers in the form of Stack Overflow Careers.
If you are looking for a cheap way to find a developer, this is not the place. This is for companies and businesses that are serious about finding the best talent on a high budget.
ClickWP specializes in providing reliable support to individuals and businesses using WordPress. Some of their WordPress CMS development services include monthly plans and on-demand tasks for website setup, theme customization, backups, malware or hack solutions, WordPress migrations, and many more.
In the nutshell, by analyzing your needs and budget you can get the knowledge about your project line and then you have to match that line for with your potential WordPress Developers and after shortlist the name of some WordPress Development Agencies in India, you can outreach them.
To help you we have already listed top places where you can find top notch web developers and designers for your WordPress developer. I hope this blog gives you very useful insights.