Because of its interactive GUI, MS Outlook PST is often thought to be beneficial for organizations, whereas Lotus Notes is too difficult to manage. Lotus Notes’ graphical user interface is also quite complex. Lotus Notes users are frequently frustrated because there is no advancement in its features, and the same repetitive things become tiresome and difficult for the reader. So they decide to export file data from HCL Notes to PST.
As a result, the user feels compelled to switch to the Outlook email client, which has a more appealing user interface and more advanced features.
The Reasons for the Conversion
- MS Outlook is more convenient and preferable than Lotus Notes. Working with Lotus Notes requires more experience and proficiency.
- Outlook allows users to set up multiple accounts at the same time.
- Working with Lotus Notes is risky and useless if someone is transferred to a new job.
- People who cannot afford to spend much money should rely on Outlook.
- Lotus notes cannot reduce in the performance of multiple tasks.
- When compared to Lotus Notes, MS Outlook is more secure and has better data management capabilities.
Methods for Converting NSF Files to PST Files
There are two viable methods for converting NSF files.
- The manual method.
- Using Professional Advised NSF to PST converter.
Manually Export File Data From HCL Notes to PST
The manual method for transferring NSF items to PST divide into sections.
The first aspect is exporting NSF files to CSV.
Take the following steps:
- Begin by launching the IBM Lotus Notes application.
- Navigate to the top label, click the File tab, and then open.
- Then, in the File menu, select Export.
- In the Export dialogue box, enter the file name and save it in the appropriate location.
- Use the Comma Separated Value (CSV) format for the file now. Then, press the Ok button.
- Following that, all Lotus Notes data can be easily exported and saved in CSV format.
The second aspect is importing a CSV file into Microsoft Outlook.
Take the following steps:
- First, the user must launch the MS Outlook program.
- Then, at the top, look for the “File Menu,” and then select the “Open and Export” option.
- An “Import and Export Wizard” window will appear; simply select the “Import from another program” option.
- Now proceed to the Next Option.
- Click next while keeping the file type as CSV in mind.
- Using the Lotus Notes Export command, select the Browse option and select the previously generated CSV file.
- Choose the Outlook folder so that the user can save the exported data, then click Next.
- Select the checkbox and click Start in the Import a file dialogue box.
- The “CSV file” will then import into “MS Outlook.”
The Best way to Export File Data From HCL Notes to PST
The manual method involves two distinct processes, which lengthens and complicates the export process. A third-party tool can be the ideal choice for all users for the flawless conversion of NSF files to PST files. The NSF to PST Converter allows you to export file data from HCL Notes to PST and other suitable formats such as MSG, MBOX, HTML, CSV, and so on. All NSF emails, tasks, journal entries, and other items are completely exported by the software.
The blog mentioned above demonstrates two dependable methods to export file data from HCL Notes to PST. The manual method, on the other hand, has many flaws and errors, such as
Failure to move the entire NSF database, which is also time-dependent and long-lasting
The manual method is time-consuming and labor-intensive, and it only transfers one NSF file at a time.
NSF files can also become corrupted.
The NSF to PST converter, on the other hand, is error-free. And it supports all IBM NOTES versions, including 10.0.1, 9.0.1, and lower, as well as MS Outlook versions up to 2019.