Whether you’re a new business trying to attract customers or an established company looking for new clients, attending local events is a great way to get your name out there. However, standing out from the crowd at these events can be difficult.
No matter what size or type of event you attend, some basic strategies will help you successfully promote your business and generate leads. These strategies include:
1. Start with a plan
Your first step is to know your audience, goals, and budget. You need to figure out what you want to achieve at the event and what you are willing or able to spend on it. You should also consider who else will be there and how they can help or hinder your success.
For example: Do you have any competitors? If so, consider how competitively priced their products are compared with yours. Are their booths better decorated than yours? What do those decorations do for them that would benefit you as well?
2. Bring things to give away
You should bring things like alluring custom coasters or other similar products to give away when promoting your business at a local event. It’s one of the best ways to get people interested in what you offer and increase awareness about your brand. Make sure that whatever giveaways you choose are helpful, engaging, and relevant to your business, something people will remember as having come from you and something that they’ll use often enough to be worth their while.
3. Giveaway eye-catching Custom coasters
Custom coasters are a great way to promote your business. They are affordable and can be customized with your logo, phone number, and URL. The best part about custom coasters? You can use them as giveaways at events or even gift them to clients that you want to impress. Coasters are unique and memorable, meaning they will stand out in the minds of your customers for years to come.
4. Giveaway Car coasters
Car coasters are a great way to promote your business at an event. You can use car coasters as a reminder of your company and its services or products. Or you can include an advertisement for a specific product or service. Car coasters make great gifts for attendees who have participated in the event and are likely to be frequent customers for years to come!
5. If you have a budget, use it to create an experience for attendees
Creating an event worth attending takes more than just setting up a table and handing out business cards. If you want people to remember your brand and come away feeling like they’ve met some new friends, ask yourself:
- What can I do to make this event memorable?
- How can I create a sense of community?
- How might I ensure my booth is worthy of the time and attention of every attendee who walks by?
The answers to these questions will help you build a strategy around making your brand stand out from others at the same event. You could offer demos or workshops, host speakers in person or remotely via video conferencing, and invite speakers from other organizations or vendors into your tent — whatever works best!
6. Follow up with people you met at the event
Following up with the people you met at the event is essential in building your network for future opportunities. You can follow up in several ways:
- Give them a business card. Make sure to include some information on how they could reach out to learn more about your business or services.
- Write a handwritten note thanking them for their time and sharing what was most helpful. If possible, include an extra note that shares more details about your company or service offerings that they may find interesting.
- Call them! It’s easy to get busy, but it’s worth taking the time to call someone who expressed interest in what you do because this shows sincerity and reinforces their interest in your product/service offering.
- Send an email with links or attachments related to topics discussed during conversations at the event and offer additional support if needed, as well as insight into other topics relevant to their situation.
7. Encourage social shares
Social media is a great way to promote your business, as it helps people who weren’t there see what’s happening in real-time. Use hashtags and encourage attendees to share photos and videos from the event on social media. Then, post these photos and videos to your own social media channels.
Promoting your business at a local event is an excellent way to build relationships with potential customers. The key to success is focusing on the experience you can provide for attendees rather than just selling products or services. Your coasters will be your main giveaway, but make sure they’re valuable and special. Custom coasters are an excellent way to promote your business and add more value than just a regular old coaster. And finally, we hope that these tips will help you get started on your plan!