Do you wake up every day devoid of all mental and physical energy? Don’t blame yourself as sedentary lifestyle and poor diet are the culprits. Sitting for hours on the computer to earn more comes at a cost – your health. But, this does not mean there is no solution to the problem with Energy-Filled Yoga Poses.
The normal scenario will be you joining up a gym to get those feel-good hormones flowing. However, you should understand that it is not always an issue with the body. At times, you need to take a mental break from everything holding you down. We have just the thing for you – Yoga.
Can I Practice Yoga Every Morning?
Yes! In comparison to other physical activities like gym or an HIIT workout; yoga is completely safe even for those who have no prior experience. There are some major benefits to adopting yoga practice into your daily schedule. The yoga retreat in Rishikesh can help you adopt to a healthy lifestyle with the right guidance.
Even if you do practice yoga for 2 to 3 times a week, you would still reap the many benefits of this spiritual art.
Stepping onto the yoga mat first thing in the morning offers you benefits. So, when you decide to practice yoga during early morning, you:
- Follow a healthy routine
- Improve your sleeping pattern
- Improve your metabolism
- Increase your focus
- Tone and strengthens your muscles
- Minimize stress
- Develop mindfulness
For you to reap these benefits, yoga experts have come up with a few simple tips.
Tips to Practice Early Morning Yoga
There are a few things you can do to kickstart a morning yoga routine.
1. Enough Rest
If browsing through social media late into the night is your daily schedule, getting up early will not be possible. Yoga experts recommend that you get adequate sleep everynight to wake up with energy. Also, do not consume caffeine in later part of the day.
2. Keep Yourself Hydrated
You might feel tempted to jump from your bed straight onto the yoga mat. Yoga experts recommend that you consume a light snack or some water before starting the practice. But, do not practice yoga on a full stomach as that will interfere with the session. There are many energetic yoga poses which provide you a major boost to carry on the day with more energy.
3. Listen to Your Body
Maybe you have established a morning yoga schedule and are satisifed with it. However, it is extremely important for you to listen to your body. No one wants to learn yoga at the cost of an injury.
Early Morning Yoga Routine
It is time we check out some effective yoga asanas that you can practice first thing in the morning.
Given below are 3 energetic yoga poses you can practice during early morning.
- Kneel down on the yoga mat with both toes together and knees hip-width apart.
- Rest both palms on top of your thighs.
- Exhale. Lower and extend your torso between your knees.
- Extend both arms alongside your torso with both palms facing down.
- Relax your shoulders toward the ground.
- Hold this position as long as you can.
Downward Dog Pose
- Start on the yoga mat on all fours with hips above your knees. Keep your shoulders above your wrists.
- Bring both hands slightly forward of the shoulders. Keep the middle finger pointing forward and spread your fingers.
- Try to create a suction in the middle of your palm by pressing through the outer edges of the palm, the base of your finger and fingertips.
- Form a spiral in both arms by rolling your upper arms away from you. Keep the forearms spiralling inwards.
- Tuck both toes under. Exhale, engage your lower belly by drawing the navel back to your spine.
- Press through your hands and lift your hands back and up to form an upside V shape.
- Keep both knees bent as you extend the spine.
- Slide both shoulders down along your spine. Relax the base of your neck.
- Maintain the stretch in the spine.
- Bend and straighten your legs. Bring both heels towards the floor.
- Hold this position for 5 deep breaths.
Low Lunge Twist
- Start on the yoga mat in the forward lunge position with the right leg forward.
- Keep your left knee on the floor.
- Place the right elbow on the inside of your right knee.
- Press the right elbow gently into the right knee. Twist your torso towards the left.
- Reach your left arm behind you until you feel a gentle stretch in the lower back and right groin.
- Hold this pose for 20 to 30 seconds. Repeat the same in the other leg.
Want to kickstart every morning with more energy and enthusiasm? You should enroll in a certified yoga retreat to learn these energetic yoga poses from experienced yoga teachers.