In this post, I’m visiting run you thru the steps to convert an embroidery design file using free software.
Personally i take advantage of Bernina ARTlink 8. It’s a good free tool, and most of my students find it very easy to use.
When must you convert an embroidery design file?
Different embroidery machines require designs to be in several design formats. If you discover an embroidery file that isn’t compatible together with your machine, you’ll be able to use embroidery software to convert the file into a compatible format.
What are you able to do with free embroidery software?
ARTlink 8 is basic embroidery software that’s absolve to download and use. Because it doesn’t cost anything, the functionality is proscribed. And it’ll only work on Microsoft Windows. However, that doesn’t mean that free embroidery software is useless! If you’re just entering into machine embroidery, free software is great for learning how embroidery software works. And if you’re on a budget, free software is great for performing basic functions and also know about how convert jpg to embroidery file.
Here’s what i like to recommend you utilize free embroidery software for:
Open embroidery designs in several file formats (e.g. my free machine embroidery Lebistes reticulatus file)
- Make basic adjustments to designs
- Convert embroidery designs at no cost
- Export embroidery design files in several formats
- Rotate designs Scale designs Mirror
- Horizontal or Vertical Skew Assign thread colours
- Print a paper template
What can’t you are doing with free embroidery software?
Because the software is free, it’s natural that the functionality is proscribed and also know dst embroidery file.
Free embroidery software won’t allow you to:
- Create embroidery designs
- Combine embroidery designs
- Digitize artwork into an embroidery design
- Digitize fonts or lettering
- Add lettering to a design
How to convert an embroidery design file with free software (easy instructions)
- Converting embroidery design files may be a lot easier than it sounds. Let’s rehearse the method together employing a real-world example.
- I created a free machine embroidery design for my newsletter subscribers.
- Because I personally use Brother embroidery software, the file is in *.PES file format.
- *.PES embroidery files are compatible with Brother, Babylock, or Deco machines.
- Here are the steps you’d fancy convert this embroidery design file into a format that’s compatible along with your machine.
Step 1: Install Bernina ARTlink 8 onto your computer
- Download Bernina ARTlink 8 here
- Follow the instructions to put in the software on your computer
Step 2: Open the embroidery design file
Open Bernina ARTlink 8
- Once the software has launched, move to your File menu and click on Open Design
- On the left, highlight the folder where you saved your guppy design file.
- You won’t be ready to see the file yet. That’s because it we’d like to inform the pc to display “.PES” files.
- To do that, click the tiny arrow on the “Open” button and an inventory will appear.
- Select Brother/Babylock/Deco (*.PES)
- Now you’ll be able to view the cyprinodont .PES design file
- Highlight the file by clicking on that
- Click Open
Step 3: Accept the warning
- A warning will pop, telling you to avoid resizing the look.
- Click alright to accept the warning
Step 4: Convert and save the embroidery design file
In your File menu select Export Machine File
- You will see another warning appear. Accept it by clicking OK
- Now, choose which machine or file extension you would like to convert this file to. ensure you decide on a file format that’s compatible along with your embroidery machine.
- Pay close attention to where you’re on the point of save your design
- Press Save
Step 5: Transfer your embroidery design to a USB stick
- Put your USB stick into your computer.
- Right click on the cyprinodont design file
- Select Copy
- Then Paste the look file onto your USB stick
Step 6: Upload the look file to your embroidery machine
- Eject the USB stick from your computer
- Insert the USB stick into your embroidery machine
Congratulations! you only learned a way to convert an embroidery design file using free software!