Office 365 is gained popularity in small and large organizations if you talk about past years. As of the Office 365 popularity, Lotus Notes is unable to keep its position in the organizations. It is due to the Microsoft providing various up-to-date features that make the organization’s official work smooth. Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration is not easy if you go manually. Users need to prepare good planning before using the manual solution.
Moreover, you can face various unexpected situations during the migration of Lotus Notes to Microsoft 365. This blog will describe the possible ways to perform this migration task. So, read this post until the end to get beneficial information about the solutions.
Reasons behind replacing Lotus Notes with Office 365
- Office 365 provides a smooth user interface to users.
- It is cheaper as compared to the Lotus Notes email client.
- The maintenance charges of the Office 365 are about nil.
- No need to have the technical expertise to use Office 365.
- Easily accessible from anywhere and anytime.
- Office 365 has a wide range of subscriptions, from personal to large enterprises.
These are some common reasons that encourage users to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. Organizations can have more reasons that can be particular for organizations.
Solutions to migrate Lotus Notes data into Microsoft 365
There are two solutions available that users can implement to perform this migration manually and professionally. The manual process can cause unexpected situations; therefore, you must have a backup of Lotus Notes data. It would be beneficial for users to have a backup of the data in any unexpected situation. After backup the data, you can continue with the manual method. Let’s see step by step process to utilize a manual approach for Lotus Notes migration into MS Office 365.
Manual approach to migrate from Lotus Notes to MS Office 365
Step 1: As we already mentioned above, back up all your important Lotus Notes data. It proves beneficial in data loss situations.
Step 2: Now, you have to create new mailboxes in Office 365 for each user who has an account in Lotus Notes.
Step 3: Thereafter, you must enable the IMAP ITC/IP port. You can follow below mentioned steps to enable the IMAP port.
- Open the Lotus Notes application and then go to Domino Administrator.
- Go to Configuration.
- Now, open the Server document to execute the IMAP service.
- Go to Port, then Internet Ports, and last, Mail.
- After that, enable the TCP/IP port.
- At last, click the Save button to save changes.
Step 4: Now use the IMAP connector to make the synchronization between Lotus Notes and Office 365 mailboxes.
Disadvantages of the Manual technique
- It has size limitations while performing the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process.
- Users can’t migrate the NSF files up to size 1 GB.
- You should have excellent technical expertise to utilize the manual solution.
- It is unable to make the migration of the calendar entries of Lotus Notes.
- The chances of unexpected situations due to human error in the manual method.
Above, we described the limitations of the manual method. Therefore, users can also eliminate these challenges by choosing professional third-party software.
Shoviv solution for Lotus Notes data migration
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool has various built-in features that make this migration easy as pie. Users do not need a better understanding of the technical expertise to make this migration task. Moreover, the working process of this software is very easy. Users can easily complete the migration by following a few steps. So, we have below described additional features of the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool.
Features of Shoviv Lotus notes to Office 365 Migration Tool:-
- This software gives a better working experience by providing advanced features.
- It completes the migration process without changing the folder hierarchy and meta properties of data.
- Furthermore, this tool provides a smooth GUI, which makes it easily understandable to every user. Even novice users also perform the Lotus Notes migration process.
- It allows users to convert the Lotus Notes NSF files into EML as well as MSG file formats.
- Users also can migrate the Lotus Notes NSF files into Outlook PST without any complication.
- In addition, it permits users to filter added items before processing the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process. Users can easily add or remove essential items using the filter option.
- An incremental export option is also available in this software. Using this option, users can easily resume paused process. Most importantly, this option prevents data duplicity.
- Users who lack technical knowledge also perform the Lotus Notes migration easily.
- The preview facility of this tool allows users to ensure added items before initiating the migration process.
- Furthermore, you can add countless Lotus Notes emails with no size limitations in this tool.
Shoviv offers its free trial version that permits users to process the first fifty items per folder. Below, we have outlined step by step process to perform the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration using Shoviv software. These are the simple steps that every user can easily implement to perform this migration process. Follow all the steps carefully to get a quick and accurate migration of your Louts Notes data.
Shoviv software’s step by step process to migrate IBM Lotus Notes emails
Before going through the steps, you must need to download the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration.exe from the official website of Shoviv. After that, follow step by step guide.
Step 1: After successfully completing the installation process, open the software.
Step 2: Go to the ribbon bar and choose the option to add NSF file. Thereafter, choose the option to select NSF file, like a local NSF file, from Domino Server, etc. Click Ok.
Step 3: Now right-click on added NSF file and select the export in Office 365 option.
Step 4: Check or uncheck the subfolders and click on Next.
Step 5: Add the Office 365 credential to fetch all mailboxes. Then, click Next.
Step 6: After that, map the source to the target folder and click on the Next button.
Step 7: Now filter added items by including or excluding desired items. Thereafter check or uncheck the Export all items (If processing again, uncheck it to filter duplicate items); after making the changes click on Next.
Step 8: The Lotus Notes to Office migration process will start in the next window. After completing the process save a report of the whole process if needed and click on Finish.
These are the simple steps that you can follow to make this process in easy and secure manner. So, it is the best solution that you can use to perform this migration process.
As we described both solutions in this post, we recommend you use the Shoviv professional software. It is one of the best-automated solutions that perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration without compromising data. Moreover, an evaluated version of this tool is available on Shoviv’s official website, which you can easily download to check its efficiency. But still, it all depends on the user’s understanding of which solution they want to prefer to make this process.