Managed Services: Two Supporting Models. Managed Services in the IT industry are tech support services outsourced to a separate company or taken care of by a third-party organization, instead of being taken care of in-house.
How are MSPs and MSSPs different?
MSSPs are companies that provide managed security services. IT infrastructure management is the main focus of MSPs (Managed Service Providers), whereas MSSPs provide comprehensive cybersecurity services to their clients. While MSPs also provide cyber security services, the scope is typically smaller and more comprehensive than that of MSSPs.
We discuss the differences between MSPs and MSSPs in this blog and provide tips. Yes. Continue reading.
MSP versus. MSSP
SMEs are responsible for maintaining their clients’ IT infrastructure, which allows them to carry out their daily tasks efficiently. Network management, mobile management, cloud management, and managed communication are just a few of the services they offer.
As a result, MSSP service providers provide advanced protection against cybercrime. To detect threats, prevent, and mitigate existing and potential threats, they use sophisticated tools such as intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanners, VPNs, firewalls, and dark web scanning solutions.
Network Operations Center (NOC) in MSP
The Network Operations Center (NOC) serves as a central location where qualified IT technicians monitor, manage, and secure a client’s network remotely. Customers can choose between MSPs managing their own NOCs or partnering with third-party NOCs to manage their IT and tickets.
A NOC not only helps MSPs manage more and better customers, but it also helps to fill in the gaps. We can customize ExtNOC services to suit your business requirements, no matter what they are. By using our flexible service model, you can record your endpoints at the appropriate service level, and you can easily add endpoints and update service levels at any time.
MSSP vs. MSP: A comparison
In the meantime, you should be able to explain the differences between MSP and MSSP to anyone with clarity and ease.
Managed Service Providers (MSP) service model
- Through remote management of its IT development and graduation processes, the MSP helps companies run more efficiently.
- MSP offers advanced software services such as firewalls, security, and email filtering.
- MSPs help manage patches, upgrade packages, and provide threat management services.
- Management and delivery of IT services are made easier by network communication centers.
- To monitor and manage computers and communications, MSPs use monitoring and management tools (RMM).
- Through providing accurate and timely assistance, regulatory services help customers achieve efficient performance.
Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) service model
- MSSPs provide businesses with security services using tools and solutions to safeguard their data, communications, and decisions from all types of threats. It’s a big deal.
- Providing technical services such as vulnerability analysis, in-depth online analysis, etc.
- MSSPs protect against even the most dangerous cyber threats.
- Using advanced computer equipment, MSSPs provide computer technology services to their customers.
- MSSPs provide numerous internet services through their central security operations centers (SOCs).
- MSSPs utilize SIEM’s tools to monitor their customers’ online security.
- To develop the right set of cybersecurity, MSSP security researchers work with industry experts.