A corrupt PST file can cause problems with your Outlook application or even make it unusable. As a result, it is necessary to repair the PST file as soon as possible. In this post, we reached over the step-by-step process for repairing PST files with the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair tool.
Microsoft Outlook creates a Personal Storage Table (PST) file when configured with a POP account, The PST file contains all of the mailbox data, including emails, attachments, calendars, contacts, etc. Yet also sometimes, the PST file reaches to corrupted due to various reasons, such as short system shutdown, improper Outlook shutdown, Windows crash, virus attack, etc. When your PST file becomes corrupt, you may experience problems with your Outlook application or encounter errors. Therefore, it is necessary that the PST file get repaired immediately. In this post, we’ll go over how to repair a corrupt PST file and how you can resolve this problem.
read also :- Simple Ways to Convert OST to PST for Outlook
How To Repair Pst File In Outlook
In the field of technology, There are so many methods available to repair PST Files but now we will discuss how we resolve these corrupt PST files issue by using the in-built Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE) or by using a professional tool.
Follow these steps to manually Repair PST Files
Step1: Launch the Inbox Repair Tool
- Automate the Inbox Repair Tool
- Get run the SCANPST.EXE tool
- In the next choose “File Download” dialog box, choose“Open” or “Run”. Then, follow the wizard.
- Once this tool is run on your device you can switch towards step 2
If your tool is not running automatically on your device. you can start this tool manually following this process.
Browse C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14 in your device. and next, open the SCANPST.EXE tool.
Step 2: Now you can Repair the Corrupt PST File.
- When the SCANPST.EXE tool successfully opens
- Choose the “Browse” key to find and select the PST file you like to repair. And click on start to proceed with your scanning process.
- In Next click on Repair to start the repair process.
Note:- When you click “Repair,” the process automatically creates a backup of the scanned file.
If you want the backup, select the location where it should be saved your backup. Otherwise, do not pick the “Take a backup of the scanned file before repairing” box in the wizard.
Step 3: Export Repaired Data to a New Data File
- To access the Folder pane, open Outlook and select the Folder tab.
- Find the “Recovered Personal Folders” folder, which contains your default Outlook folders, or the “Lost and Found” folder.
- You may have to recreate some empty folders during the repair process. SCANPST.EXE recovers items and folders from the “Lost and Found” folder. The original structure of the files cannot be restored by Outlook.
- The repaired items can be dragged and dropped into the new data file from the “Lost and Found” folder.
- If all your data has been repaired, then you can remove “Recovered Personal Folders” and “Lost and Found”.
Limitations Of This Method To Repair PST Files
- For a single file to be repaired, you will have to run this SCANPST.EXE multiple times.
- It is highly likely that the data will be lost.
- PST files that are severely corrupt cannot be repaired by the tool.
- It can not be compatible with all windows versions
Professional Solution Repair Outlook PST Files
To overcome these limitations were mention in above
To overcome the previous limitations efficiently and easily repair PST files, use a third-party such as MigrateEmails PST Recovery Tool. The software includes advanced algorithms that allow you to easily repair “hardly” corrupt PST files of any size. It has an easy-to-use interface, and any user can repair the PST file with this tool. To repair corrupt PST files with MigrateEmails PST Recovery Tool.
Features of this MigrateEmails outlook repair tool
- Recover maximum Outlook content from a PST file.
- It has a Date range filter to retrieve emails of a specific date range.
- Display the preview of your last file
- It can eligible to fix corrupted PST files and Multiple files at once.
- You can manually or automatically select your damaged PST File
- Compatible to recover PST Files in single/Multiple files format.
- It can support all versions of Windows OS.
In this article, you can learn all possible techniques to recover your deleted or corrupted Outlook PST emails into your destructive file folder. If the emails are in the deleted items folder, you can easily recover them. If you have deleted those emails permanently, use professional PST recovery software for maximum data recovery because for a single file to be repaired, you will have to run this SCANPST.EXE multiple times.