Summary: Looking for an approach to how IoT devices enhance Network Security? Unlock the benefits of safeguarding your data with this given blog like never before.
The cellular IoT market forecast is to grow from 2022 to 2027, growing at a CAGR of 23% during the forecast period. The approach is used in IoT-based smart city architecture infrastructure, and building automation is a significant driver of market growth. It enables various IoT devices in smart cities, including smart parking, street lighting, intelligent street lighting, traffic detection, waste disposal, and parking management.
The biggest cybersecurity threats in the world today will only increase as people increasingly rely on digital technology to share information. The advent of IoT technology can make cyber fraud part of the solution.
Why is IoT Security so important?
Discover why IoT is important in security and surveillance
- IoT devices connect different systems, devices and networks, creating a vast network of interconnected devices. It becomes a potential entry point for cybercriminals to exploit vulnerabilities and gain unauthorized access to sensitive information or disrupt critical infrastructure.
- IoT devices use the internet for collecting and sharing sensitive and personal information data. This data can range from personal health records in healthcare devices to financial transactions in intelligent payment systems.
- Cyberattacks targeting IoT devices can lead to network disruptions and downtime, impacting businesses, public services, and individuals’ daily lives.
- Botnets and distributed denial of service attacks have in common that cybercriminals form botnets, networks of infected devices under control. Such attacks can disrupt critical online services, including banking systems, e-commerce platforms, or cloud services.
- The lack of security standards and updates has resulted in various devices from various manufacturers often needing more standardized security measures.
How Does IoT Enhance Security?
The proliferation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices has transformed multiple industries, bringing unprecedented connectivity and convenience. However, with increasing connectivity comes concerns about network security, which is essential role.
In this informative session, we unveil how IoT privacy and security help decrease cyber threats.
1- Advanced network monitoring
Business organizations should consider implementing IoT devices to gain better visibility across the network that can quickly identify unusual behaviour or potential security breaches.
2- Strong authentication and access control
By integrating IoT products, organizations can implement multi-factor reliable authentication methods that combine traditional credentials with biometrics or physical tokens. It acts as an access control point, granting or denying network access based on predefined policies and user authentication status.
3- Centralized management of IoT devices
Organizations can leverage centralized IoT device management platforms that simplify the deployment, monitoring, and backup of device firmware updates. With secure boot processes, encrypted communications, and ongoing vulnerability assessments, mitigate security issues for cyberattacks.
4- Benefit from threat intelligence and analysis
IoT devices collect data, providing valuable insights using machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to identify patterns and predict potential security breaches.
5- Segmentation and isolation
Two separate networks and one internet connection can be crucial, isolating critical infrastructure and sensitive data from less secure IoT devices. Institutions can prevent unauthorized access by implementing strict access controls and traffic monitoring on each component.
6- Collaborative Security Ecosystem
IoT privacy and security components integrate to share threat intelligence and real-time security updates. Information sharing and cooperation strengthen collective defences against rapidly evolving cyber threats.
Addressing the complex IoT lifecycle presents a new challenge for businesses that requires valuable assets to strengthen network security. Organizations can build resilient network infrastructure by adopting these strategies and taking a comprehensive approach to safety. Build your security solution checklist today and learn to eliminate the insecurity risk accounting for 30% of devices.